Click to enlarge
The Bow Wow Barrier is an easy-to-use, retractable barrier for use on all exterior doors. This pet barrier is designed to keep dogs and cats from running out when the front, back, or any exterior door is opened. As you open your door, the Bow Wow Barrier instantly creates a safety barrier across the opening. As you close the door, the Bow Wow Barrier automatically rewinds back into a small roll - 100% hands free!
- Keeps dogs from jumping on people at the door
- Puts a buffer between you and uninvited visitors
- Stops pets from running into the street or getting lost
- Allows you to open the door without locking pets away
- Allows deliveries to be received while barrier is in place
- Lets guests come to your door without fear of being bitten
- No stress for you, or your guests when answering your door
Top Ten reasons (actually seven) -
Why you need the Bow Wow Barrier:
1. The UPS driver panics every time he hands your e-bay
bargains to you and Fang starts growling.
2. A stranger ringing your bell walks right in when you open
the door to see what he wants.
3. Man�s Best Friend heads straight for the Girl Scout
4. The Avon lady gets paw prints on her pants as your
puppies jump up to greet her.
5. Your insurance rates go up every time Fang turns his bark
into a bite.
6. Trick or Treaters come for treats and your kitty gets
lost in the night.
"I hear the Ice Cream Man!"
| 7. Your dog Houdini likes to disappear out the door - but with
the Bow Wow Barrier in place - no more breakouts! �Don�t Open The Door Without One!�
Spot and Patches run to
meet the new neighbor
|| How does the Bow Wow Barrier work?
Simply mount two of the wall brackets that come with your Bow Wow Barrier on or next to the door jamb. This can be done on either the inside or the outside of your exterior door. Mount the other two brackets directly onto your door with the shorter screws.
Once you latch the Bow Wow Barrier, the mesh will automatically open as the door is opened. The mesh fabric then becomes a safety barrier across the opening created by the opened door. As the door closes, the Bow Wow Barrier automatically closes with the door.
Quick and Easy Installation - The Bow Wow Barrier bracket kit provides the proper screws and hardware to attach the brackets to most doors for use as a pet barrier. The installation is simple:
Step 1: Follow the User’s Guide to attach the brackets to
both the wall and the door.
Step 2: Snap the reel into the wall side brackets and latch
the handle into the door side brackets.
That’s it - the Bow Wow Barrier will retract and extend on its own! You now have a hands-free, automatic (and quiet), retractable barrier in place whenever you open your door. If you need to open the door to its full extent, simply unhook the handle from the door brackets and the barrier no longer restricts the door opening.
Bow Wow Barrier Users Guide (opens a new window)
Click to enlarge
- Accessories you may need
- (To purchase these accessories, click here)
- Wall Spacers are used with brackets to keep the spacing across the opening identical, or to prevent the baseboard from interfering
- Drywall Anchor Kits are used to mount brackets over drywall
- Detailed information on accessory items can be found on the Accessories page by clicking here.
- Basic Dimensions
- Barrier Retracted: About 3 inches in diameter
- Brackets: 2.5 inches wide by 1.25 inches high
- Brackets Installed: 3-4 and 31 inches off the floor
- Height: Mesh - 34 inches; Reel - 35 inches
- Screws: 2 inch long screws for wall; 1 inch long screws for door
No more running around
With the Bow Wow Barrier installed, your pets will no longer be
able to escape outside while you open the front or back
door. This frees you from all those days and
you ran about the neighborhood looking for your runaway pets.
A Few Common Questions
What is the mesh fabric made of and how durable is it?
The mesh is a, non-toxic, reinforced polymer composite material that does not contain Lead, Phthalate, Latex, or BPA chemicals and is also formaldehyde free. The fabric is UV, mildew, and highly scratch resistant. To test how tough the fabric really is, we attached a piece to a cat scratching post. After several months of use by adult cats, the fabric still had not torn.
Can I get a sample of the mesh?
Absolutely! Just send an email to our customer service at:
. Please make sure you include your name and full mailing address so we can send them right to you.
How is the Bow Wow Barrier better than other door barriers?
There are no sharp metal edges; paws and fingers are safe from harm
Without dangling parts, the Bow Wow Barrier lets doors close without obstruction
Built out of durable materials; Bow Wow Barrier is made to last even when used outside
With the see-through mesh of the Bow Wow Barrier, pets can see outside without jumping
If you would like to read more Frequently Asked Questions
about the Bow Wow Barrier, click here.
about Shipping or Returns, click here.
To learn about the retractable safety gate, the Retract-A-Gate, click here.